XML export/import DataStage Components

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

roblew
Charter Member
Charter Member

XML export/import DataStage Components

Post by roblew »

Hello,

I did some searching but didn't find anything related to this particular topic.

I'm having troubles with using the Import>DataStage Components (XML) functionality in Manager. This has nothing to do with XML stages.

The dsx export/import works fine for all jobs, and I can export jobs as XML just fine (no errors). When I try to import the XML files, I get a long error message. Every error seems to begin with "Error converting hex character", and then spits out the OrchestrateCode. However, after clicking ok, the import continues and seems to be imported successfully. It seems to be just annoying, since if we were to import all 4000+ jobs (during migration for example), we would have to click ok for each job in the file, even though the "overwrite" option is selected.

Has anyone else encountered this problem? I'm really not too sure why our developers want to export the jobs as XML instead of DSX, but I'm curious about these errors regardless. Is the XML output intended to be exclusively for metadata reporting purposes?
y2ariyas
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by y2ariyas »

I have encountered the same problem, is there a solution for this?