FTP file stage

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

laxmi_etl
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by laxmi_etl »

kris18 wrote:i think you are making something wrong in specifying the parameters in the admin...try this by doing one by one... i mean to say try to hardcode evrything in the ftp stage run it and c for errors, if you don't find any errors then go by parametrizing username first and leaving the rest hardcoded.... and run the job again c for error... and so on.
Any Idea how to solve this problem?.
kris18
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by kris18 »

Laxmi try this,

don't make them as $projdef in ur parameters leave it as is in the admin... ex: servername: xyzabc leave it as xyzabc don't change to projdef and try to test it now...
kris
laxmi_etl
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by laxmi_etl »

kris18 wrote:Laxmi try this,

don't make them as $projdef in ur parameters leave it as is in the admin... ex: servername: xyzabc leave it as xyzabc don't change to projdef and try to test it now...
I have tried that too but not working.
laxmi_etl
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by laxmi_etl »

kris18 wrote:Laxmi try this,

I am actually doing ftp from one unix box to another box.I want to try this with FTP enterprise stage to see if it can fix my problem.But I don't understand how to give the URI for it.
For example if
My unix server name is testserver
and the path is /home/accounts/
file name is tmp.txt

So for URI is it enough to give ftp://testserver/home/accounts/tmp.txt
Please let me know.
This is not working too.
samu
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by samu »

Are the patches for DataStage Client installed properly on your computer ?. If not try to install them first that will solve your problem.
csrazdan
Participant

Post by csrazdan »

Are you able to open FTP session from your server on which DataStage is running. Try FTPing a file from UNIX prompt. This is to test if you can even start a FTP session.
Assume everything I say or do is positive
laxmi_etl
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by laxmi_etl »

csrazdan wrote:Are you able to open FTP session from your server on which DataStage is running. Try FTPing a file from UNIX prompt. This is to test if you can even start a FTP session.
I am able to open FTP session from unix and also successfully FTPied a file. From datastage the environment variables are not working
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Are you convinced by now that the FTP stage can not use environment variables in the way that you want? Every test you've conducted has verified that this is the case. If you want the product changed, you will need to make a business case to the manufacturer.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.