DataStage Connectivity to IDMS

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

thebird
Participant

DataStage Connectivity to IDMS

Post by thebird »

Hi All,

Has anyone connected to an IDMS through DataStage? Can you share the details of how this was done, as to -

1) what connector used
2) the version of the connector

It would also be good if someone can tell me upto what versions of IDMS does the connectors support.

The requirement is to connect to a Mainframe system with an underlying IDMS, to extract the data from it and load to a Target system.

Appreciate the help in advance.

Thanks

The Bird
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

The Datastage EE MVS edition contains optional components for working with IMS viewsets and data sets.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
thebird
Participant

Post by thebird »

Hi Ray,

We don't have the license for the MVS edition, but only the Enterprise Edition (PX). I am trying to find out how I can use PX to connect to an IDMS.

The IBM folks said that you can connect using an IDMS connector, but I wanted to know if there was a limitation on the IDMS version that this connector supports.

Maybe I'll have to see if we can get hold of the manuals for the connector.

Thanks
thebird
Participant

Post by thebird »

Hi All,

The IBM support got back saying that there was an IDMS connector for the Classis Federation for oz/390 which could be used with DataStage to connect to IDMS.

On browsing through the net, it seemed that this connector supports only versions 14.1 and 15.0, while the IDMS system at our end is 12.0... Not sure if this approach is gonna work at all.

Has anybody out here worked with the Classic Federation tool?
Any input regarding the IDMS connector for the Federation or info on whether it supports version 12.0 of IDMS would be of great help.

Thanks

The Bird