FTP Plugin Stage

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

splayer
Charter Member
Charter Member

FTP Plugin Stage

Post by splayer »

I am trying to use the FTP PlugIn stage to move data from my UNIX box (abcU) to a Windows box (abcW). My job has 2 stages, a source sequential file and a target FTP PlugIn stage. Under the Stage tab, under Properties, I have:

Server Name: abcU
RemoteFTP Port: 21
Remote Telnet Port: 23
User Name: DomainName/MyId
User Password: MyPassword

Under Input Tab/Properties Tab, I have:
RemotePath: My directory on the abcW where the file resides.
So if the directory is C:\TestFile, I have TestFile.
RemoteFilename: MyFileName.txt

No matter what I try, I get the error:
APT_CombinedOperatorController,0: Fatal Error: Fatal: Login to the FTP server failed, invalid password for user DomainName/MyID.

I would appreciate any help. Thanks.
kris18
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by kris18 »

check with your admin for ur ftp rights, i think he gave you username and pass but haven't given you rights to ftp files from your unix box to windows.
kris
splayer
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by splayer »

If that's the case then I should not be able to log in from UNIX, right? I can do a FTP log in from UNIX.
kris18
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by kris18 »

i was getting same kind of problem while using ftp stage inside datastage...., so i called IT security people to check for my ftp rights from datastage, they said that i don't have rights and they created them and gave a different username and pass,other than i use for datastage login. i thought it was pretty similar situation....

i just want to make sure that your lan admin(IT security), did they create userid and pass for the share drive to do an FTP or you are using the same user and pass that you use to login into datastage.... if you are using same user and pass that u use for datastage login then i don't think it will work.
kris
splayer
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by splayer »

kris18, thank you very much for your response. I can log in to the Windows box using the same user id and password using Remote Desktop Connection so I know that it works. From UNIX, I did:

ftp abcW

This asks for User Name. I enter Domain Name/User Name. It then asks for Password. I enter the correct password and it says, User MyID logged in.

However, it doesn't work using the FTP Plug-In stage from Datastage. I am thinking that may be some of the parameters I have specified is incorrect. By the way, when you had this problem, were you able to connect from the UNIX box?
kris18
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by kris18 »

yes i was able to connect to unix box with my userid
kris
splayer
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by splayer »

I am going from UNIX to Windows. That is, I am trying to move a file from UNIX to Windows using FTP PlugIn. Is that what you were doing?
kris18
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by kris18 »

yea splayer i was doing in both ways:
from windows to unix and from unix to windows
kris
splayer
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by splayer »

It just might be that my parameters in the FTP Plug In stage are incorrect.
splayer
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by splayer »

Ok. I found the solution. The id should be entered as:

domain name/user id

Also, when going to Windows, the file will be available in the IIS server folder not the regulat Winodws folder. I was looking in the Windows root.
splayer
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by splayer »

Most important. There was a # in my password which was causing the problem.