Command stage

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

splayer
Charter Member
Charter Member

Command stage

Post by splayer »

Is there a Command stage in Parallel jobs? I am NOT talking about the ExecCommand stage which we see when we are creating a Job Sequencer job. I am seeing a plug-in stage in my PDFs called Command stage but I don't see it in my pallette. I am using 7.5.1.A.

Thanks.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

No.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

I don't believe there is. No mention of one comes up in Help, though no mention of the server one comes up in Help either.

Depending on what you want to accomplish either an External Filter stage or a Wrapper stage may achieve your ends.
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
rameshrr3
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by rameshrr3 »

If you refer the plug-in installation and configuration guide, under the plug ins documentation, you see that the Command Stage is available only for Windows platform and only for server jobs.

Refer Page 35, Table 11 of instconf.pdf
and Page 9, Table 1 of instconf.pdf.

Any specific reason that you need a command stage when you have external target ,external filter and external source stages available in the parallel job canvas?

HTH
Ramesh
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

And Wrapped stage. You could create your own Command stage with that!
splayer
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by splayer »

Thanks everyone for your responses. I was just checking to see if there was a Command stage in PX. Thanks for the clarification.