How to Collect Statistics

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

chrisjones
Participant

Post by chrisjones »

Hi All,
I am loading data into Teradata using Mload Stage,so I want to get the Teradata collect Statistics after the Job ran successfully.

Please let us know your inputs.
Thanks,
Chris Jones
pukars4u
Participant

Post by pukars4u »

use DSJobReport routine and this will collect all statistics of your Job after it is ran .I think this will solve ur problem
chrisjones
Participant

Post by chrisjones »

Thanks for your reply.
We want to collect the Teradata Table statistics not the DS job statistics.
pukars4u wrote:use DSJobReport routine and this will collect all statistics of your Job after it is ran .I think this will solve ur problem
Thanks,
Chris Jones
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

How would you collect statistics after a MultiLoad operation not coming from DataStage? Basically what you have to do is either mimic that approach in DataStage - possibly another job - or script it - perhaps invoking that script from DataStage.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
chrisjones
Participant

Post by chrisjones »

I am using script-After Tab in the Mload Stage to collect Table statistics by CALLing a procedure. The report file says "CALL" Unsupported SQL/RDBMS command.

ray.wurlod wrote:How would you collect statistics after a MultiLoad operation not coming from DataStage? Basically what you have to do is either mimic that approach in DataStage - possibly another job - or script it ...
Thanks,
Chris Jones
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Can't you script something via a command line utility and run it 'after job'?
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
nishadkapadia
Charter Member
Charter Member

Re: How to Collect Statistics

Post by nishadkapadia »

To do collect stats on the table within Teradata , one can call the procedure via Teradata API.

The procedure which is created in Teradata has to be compiled in ANSI mode, since the datastage calls the procedure in ANSI mode only and not in BTET mode.