Link status, statistics

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

Sanket_Saraph
Participant

Link status, statistics

Post by Sanket_Saraph »

Hi DS Gurus,

I wanna collect the status of a link in a job.
The reason being collecting the status is to run a job with conditional stages.

I will collect the status of first link and will check that status in the upcoming (another) link
and once the first link has completed with success then only start with the second link.

Thanks in Advance,
Sanket...
SANKET SARAPH
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

You haven't specified what exactly you mean by "status" of a link - but I think that it is easier to pass this "status" from one link to the next as a temporary column value that is dropped when no longer needed.
kumar_s
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by kumar_s »

It'll be better if you can explain your requirement in brief. So that the method you choosed can be justified.
Impossible doesn't mean 'it is not possible' actually means... 'NOBODY HAS DONE IT SO FAR'
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

You can not control links in this way in a DataStage job. A job is the unit of execution, not a link. You will need a more modular design (more jobs) if you wish to exert this level of control.

If you are referring to a job sequence, however, you control the behaviour using Triggers. Don't ask us how - open up any activity with an outbound link and select the Triggers page, then invoke help.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.