Link Count shows as 0rows/sec when RCP is enabled

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

Aparna_A
Participant

Link Count shows as 0rows/sec when RCP is enabled

Post by Aparna_A »

Hi...

I observed this peculiar behaviour in one of my jobs...

I have a DB2 stage in which row leakage is happening. To capture this, I have used a COPY stage and enabled RCP so as to catch the sqlcode and sqlstate of the rows being rejected. The o/p of copy stage is a sequential file. Everything works fine (i.e., the sequential file gets loaded with the reject rows, etc. ), but the link count on the link from copy stage to sequential file shows as 0 rows/sec.
Replaced the copy stage with a MODIFY stage (disable RCP at prj level) and the link count is still 0 rows/sec though the sequential file gets loaded again.
When these 2 columns sqlcode and sqlstate are not being used, the link count on this link is perfect.
Can anybody let me know why is this happening?

Thanks for the replies
Aparna
vinodn
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by vinodn »

In copy stage Properties set option force as false then u will get count display,
Aparna_A
Participant

Post by Aparna_A »

Thanks Vinod for the reply.

But the force option was to be set to "TRUE" to get the count. This was because there was only one output link from the COPY stage. When I had more than one output links, the count was being displayed with no other properties being set explicitly.
Aparna
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Seconds are rounded to the nearest whole number. 0 rows/sec can occur because the run tool less than 0.5 seconds; this is manifesting a strategy of avoidance of a divide by zero error.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
Chuah
Participant

Re: Link Count shows as 0rows/sec when RCP is enabled

Post by Chuah »

Aparna_A wrote:Hi...

I observed this peculiar behaviour in one of my jobs...

I have a DB2 stage in which row leakage is happening. To capture this, I have used a COPY stage and enabled RCP so as to catch the sqlcode and sqlstate of the rows being rejected. The o/p of copy stage is a sequential file. Everything works fine (i.e., the sequential file gets loaded with the reject rows, etc. ), but the link count on the link from copy stage to sequential file shows as 0 rows/sec.
Replaced the copy stage with a MODIFY stage (disable RCP at prj level) and the link count is still 0 rows/sec though the sequential file gets loaded again.
When these 2 columns sqlcode and sqlstate are not being used, the link count on this link is perfect.
Can anybody let me know why is this happening?

Thanks for the replies
Think it has to do with RCP. In my RCP jobs,at stages where you do not have any metadata defined ,I've observed you can get 0 rows/sec (or in the monitor stage you get a Black box as opposed to Green).
Why not try building another simple RCP job and check whether you get row counts from it.

Chin