Reject Handling in Parallel Job

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

shivakumar
Participant

Reject Handling in Parallel Job

Post by shivakumar »

Hi ,

I design a job with reject table For a look up stage.In first run the reject table contains say for example 20 records.As per the business requirement i have to truncate the table before the 2nd run of the job and also I have to process the reject records as source.

So when i use the same table as Source then in the parallel job it is giving the problem because it reads the table and at the same time it is inserting the records in to the table with truncate and load option.So the table is truncated and the remaining records are unable to read from that table.

If i use the Dataset also then I am facing the same problem.I can not use the temporary datasets and the Temporary tables in between the Stages.
I want to achieve this in a single job.

Can you please help me out regarding this.

Thanks and Regards
Siva
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

shivakumar wrote:I can not use the temporary datasets and the Temporary tables in between the Stages.
In a single job this is the case.
shivakumar wrote:I want to achieve this in a single job.
For what reason? If two jobs is the right answer, then two jobs is the right answer.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.