Error while viewing data from OCI stage

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

mohanraj
Participant

Error while viewing data from OCI stage

Post by mohanraj »

Hi to all

I am working on server jobs along with that I planned to learn Parallel.
I created simple job reading data from OCI and writing it to OCI.I specified all the required fields in the source OCI but when I tried to view data I got the error as follows

Error executing view data command

##E TOSH 000205 12:15:57(004)<main_program> PATH search
failure:

Please help what other settings I have to do so that I can view the data.

Thanks in advance
Mohanraj
kumar_s
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by kumar_s »

Check for all the parameters for DB name, user id, password. Try to import metadata from Database, it will give you the information on connectivity to the database.
Impossible doesn't mean 'it is not possible' actually means... 'NOBODY HAS DONE IT SO FAR'
mohanraj
Participant

Post by mohanraj »

Hi Kumar

Its asking only table name,user and password and I supplied correct values for all the three.

By the way I am working on 7.5x2 version on windows XP

mohan
ambasta
Participant

Post by ambasta »

mohanraj wrote:Hi Kumar

Its asking only table name,user and password and I supplied correct values for all the three.

By the way I am working on 7.5x2 version on windows XP

mohan
Hi Mohan,
apart from User name and Pwd you will also have to specify which server you want to connect,provided u r not having local system server.for this.. click on Connections ...u will get one option called Remote Server.here u will have to Specify ur server name.i think this will do for u???if not plz revert back.

Thanks.
ambasta
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Have you done anything to configure DataStage for the OCI stages? Read the DataStage Plug-In Installation and Configuration Guide pdf for the details. You need an Oracle client installed and configured to stand any chance of them working...
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
mohanraj
Participant

Post by mohanraj »

Hi ambasta and chulett

Thanks for your replies,but server is installed locally in my machine and oracle client also.

Thanks
mohan