Lookup Fileset compilation error

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

abc123
Premium Member
Premium Member

Lookup Fileset compilation error

Post by abc123 »

I have the following setup:

DS --> Lookup --> SeqFile
^ \
| \lnk2
| \
LookUp DS (Rejected records)
FileSet

When I compile, I get the error:
Error: Reject link Lookup.lnk2 is not allowed unless an input reference link failure property is set to 'Reject'.

One solution mentioned in this forum is:

"
You can open the Lookup Stage Conditions dialog box by:
Double-clicking on the Condition: bar on a reference link.
Selecting Conditions from the background shortcut menu.
Clicking the Conditions toolbar button.
Selecting Conditions from the link shortcut menu.
"

I don't understand "Double-clicking on the Condition: bar on a reference link". Which reference are they talking about here? I tried all reference links. Any solution to the problem would be appreciated.
samsuf2002
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by samsuf2002 »

if u open the look ip stage u will be having 2 box top is input columns and bottom will be reference column in this box u will find condition in the second row of that box double click on that row u will find a new window open which show u 4 columns 3rd one says condition not met select from drop down reject or which suits ur requirement.
hi sam here
splayer
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by splayer »

dsxchange completely distorted my picture. I see the input links and one output link, but I don't see a place where I can set a reject property. I can double click on the constraint of the reference input link and I get a box called Lookup stage conditions but that is for the reference input link. I manipluated the values there as well.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

That grid on the "constraints" page has four columns. The rightmost is for handling failed lookups. The one to its left is for handling cases where the condition (which determines whether you even attempt the lookup) is not fulfilled.

It's the rightmost column that is used for setting the failed lookup property. You have a choice of four rules, one of which is to output the row from the stream input link onto a reject-handling output link.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
metlsas
Participant

Re: Lookup Fileset compilation error

Post by metlsas »

abc123 wrote:I have the following setup:

DS --> Lookup --> SeqFile
^ \
| \lnk2
| \
LookUp DS (Rejected records)
FileSet

When I compile, I get the error:
Error: Reject link Lookup.lnk2 is not allowed unless an input reference link failure property is set to 'Reject'.

One solution mentioned in this forum is:

"
You can open the Lookup Stage Conditions dialog box by:
Double-clicking on the Condition: bar on a reference link.
Selecting Conditions from the background shortcut menu.
Clicking the Conditions toolbar button.
Selecting Conditions from the link shortcut menu.
"

I don't understand "Double-clicking on the Condition: bar on a reference link". Which reference are they talking about here? I tried all reference links. Any solution to the problem would be appreciated.

I assume that you are "Double-clicking on the Condition" instead of "Lookup Failure"

You need to "Double Click on the Lookup Failure and make the "Reject" which will reject the Failed Lookup(s) to Reject Link you added.