i am getting this fatal error

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

bollinenik
Participant

i am getting this fatal error

Post by bollinenik »

Hi,
I am getting below fatal error any body has idea help me
"APT_CombinedOperatorController,0: Operator terminated abnormally: received signal SIGSEGV [processmgr/rtpexecutil.C:161]"

My design is i am reading data from Oracle and loading into SAP by using of SAP-BAPI pack in data stage.Pls help me
kOTI,
1586-738-7785
samsuf2002
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by samsuf2002 »

this is because u r accessing memory which is not owned by the process, add an environment variable

add APT_DISABLE_COMBINATION AND set it as true and try.
hi sam here
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

The message suggests that your process has used up all its allocated memory and is trying to access some more. This might be at a micro level (for example trying to load 14 characters into a Char(10) column) or at a much larger, whole-of-process, level. Without monitoring it's really difficult to tell.

Investigate the reporting environment variables. You can have the player processes document their process IDs and memory consumption. This ought to be the starting point of your detective work.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
meena
Participant

Post by meena »

Hi Koti,
SIGSEGV is "segmentation violation", where an attempt is made to access a memory address not owned by the process.You need to add an environment variable as suggested by Sam.
splayer
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by splayer »

Can any of you tell me how you know that SIGSERV is "segmentation violation" of a memory access error? Is this documented anywhere other than this forum?
samsuf2002
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by samsuf2002 »

it should be in the Datastage online document if not then go for google
hi sam here
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

It's one of the basic UNIX signals. Try man signal or man -k SIGSEGV command to learn more.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
phanee_k
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by phanee_k »

Hi ,

This could have caused because of the DataStage monitor process.
We used to face the same issue. Once the APT_MONITOR_SIZE variable is set to some value , we did not face this error again.
Please set the APT_MONITOR_SIZE to some value ( in our case we set to 10000) to overcome this issue.

Thanks,
Phani