warnings with join

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

samsuf2002
Premium Member
Premium Member

warnings with join

Post by samsuf2002 »

Hi All i am running a parallel job whic contain seq file , sort , transformer and join stage ,i am getting this warning with almost all fields

Join_114: When checking operator: Dropping component "EndProcessingDate" because of prior component with same name

can any one please help me on this
Thanks in advance
hi sam here
talk2shaanc
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by talk2shaanc »

You have two link going to your Join stage, both the link has "EndProcessingDate" column and this column is not part of "KEY", on which you are joining the two links.

Soln: either you drop the column from either of the two link before the join stage itself or change the name of one of them.
Shantanu Choudhary
meena
Participant

Post by meena »

Hi,
Check with columns on both the sources.This warning is because of similar " EndProcessingDate"column in both sources. Rename the column in one of the source or drop the column if it is not a key.
samsuf2002
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by samsuf2002 »

i dropped those columns but still i am getting those warnings , i am having 2 links from the transformer into the join , i have sort before transformer i am dropping those columns in the output of sort.
hi sam here
meena
Participant

Post by meena »

Hi Sam,
Are you sure that you are getting the same warning on "EndProcessingDate" column. Can you explain your job at the transformer stage.
i dropped those columns but still i am getting those warnings , i am having 2 links from the transformer into the join , i have sort before transformer i am dropping those columns in the output of sort.
samsuf2002
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by samsuf2002 »

thanks for replying meena , i am getting exactly the same warning i am taking 2 out put link from transformer each has join keys and required columns which are joined in the next join stage.
hi sam here
kris007
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by kris007 »

There has been a similar situation recently and doing a force compile resolved that. You might want to give that a shot :wink:
Kris

Where's the "Any" key?-Homer Simpson
samsuf2002
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by samsuf2002 »

ya kris i already tried that but it dint work can u suggest some more
hi sam here
meena
Participant

Post by meena »

Hi Sam,
Your job is doing something like this.
Data is extracted from Sequential File sorted at sort stage and passing the columns to the transformer stage(here you have two links),using the Join stage to join the links and target(not mentioned).
From your job, You will get same columns for both the links. Based on some constraints you have splited you input stream into two at the transformer stage. Now you need to rename all the columns for one link and do a join based on your condition then pass the wanted columns to the target.
i am getting exactly the same warning i am taking 2 out put link from transformer each has join keys and required columns which are joined in the next join stage.
Let me know if I got your job design or not. If yes then above explantion may work else :?:
samsuf2002
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by samsuf2002 »

meena u r exactly correct withthe job design target is a seq file , i have already renamed the required columns .
hi sam here
talk2shaanc
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by talk2shaanc »

Ideally u shdnt be getting the problem if u have renamed the common columns...worth giving it a try..are the columns renamed in the input stage itself or intermediate stage? if its renamed in a intermediate stage, try disabling RCP
Shantanu Choudhary
bharatagnihotri
Participant

Re: warnings with join

Post by bharatagnihotri »

What is the DS version you are working on ?
samsuf2002
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by samsuf2002 »

i am working on DS 7.5.2
hi sam here
Yuan_Edward
Participant

Post by Yuan_Edward »

talk2shaanc wrote:Ideally u shdnt be getting the problem if u have renamed the common columns...worth giving it a try..are the columns renamed in the input stage itself or intermediate stage? if its renamed in a intermediate stage, try disabling RCP
Sam, did you try the above?
Edward Yuan
kumar_s
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by kumar_s »

If you had the column in the source and if you had renamed or dropped in some intermediate stage, RCP will be culptrit.
Else, since its the sequential file, you can go ahead to chage the column name from the source stage.
Impossible doesn't mean 'it is not possible' actually means... 'NOBODY HAS DONE IT SO FAR'