Compiling error on Transform stage using TRIM with L option

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

Salegueule
Participant

Compiling error on Transform stage using TRIM with L option

Post by Salegueule »

Hi,

Having an error compiling a transform stage susing the following:

CompactWhiteSpace(Trim(TPRTNLOC_01.STREET_NUMBER,"0","L"):" ": TPRTNLOC_01.STREET_NUMBER_SUFF:" ": TPRTNLOC_01.SUITE_NUMBER:" ": TPRTNLOC_01.STREET_NAME:" ": TPRTNLOC_01.STREET_DIRECTION:" ": TPRTNLOC_01.RURAL_ROUTE_NUMBER)

Problem is caused by the TRIM function. Without it it, the job compiles and run fine. Am I using the right format for the TRIM character and option? I have try a couple of combination and the one above seems the only one accepted by DS.

Thanks.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Try putting the Trim(TPRTNLOC_01.STREET_NUMBER,"0","L") into a stage variable, and replacing that part of the expression with a reference to the stage variable.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
kumar_s
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by kumar_s »

That is ok to remove all the leading 0's from STREET_NUMBER. If have any warning, post it.
Impossible doesn't mean 'it is not possible' actually means... 'NOBODY HAS DONE IT SO FAR'