how to avoid this warning

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

bollinenik
Participant

how to avoid this warning

Post by bollinenik »

Hi,

I am using sort stage in my job with transformers, So ia m getting one warning for all seq.files in jobs, totally i am using 3 seq files as target i am getting warning like "Dup_Error_File_FF: When checking operator: A sequential operator cannot preserve the partitioning
of the parallel data set on input port 0." pls tell me how to avoid this
Thanks in Advance
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Stop asking the Sequential File (or some other stage operating in Sequential mode) to preserve partitioning (maybe implicitly via Auto). Perhaps specify an explicit Collection algorithm.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
Chuah
Participant

Re: how to avoid this warning

Post by Chuah »

bollinenik wrote:Hi,

I am using sort stage in my job with transformers, So ia m getting one warning for all seq.files in jobs, totally i am using 3 seq files as target i am getting warning like "Dup_Error_File_FF: When checking operator: A sequential operator cannot preserve the partitioning
of the parallel data set on input port 0." pls tell me how to avoid this
Thanks in Advance
Hi,
Try writing out to Data Sets as opposed to Seq files if that is possible that way you can get around the issue.

Chin
Nageshsunkoji
Participant

Post by Nageshsunkoji »

Hi,

If your requirement is to keep the data in a sequential file then change the Preserve Partitioning option from defualt(Propogate) to Clear in the Advanced tab of stage before sequential file.
NageshSunkoji

If you know anything SHARE it.............
If you Don't know anything LEARN it...............