DATASTAGE GRID

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

sendmk
Charter Member
Charter Member

DATASTAGE GRID

Post by sendmk »

Did any one from the Forum used DS on GRID(Ascential) SETUP if so what was the performance and issues faced can anyone pls throw light on this.

thanx
sendmk
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

The performance is allegedly fantastic. You use a dynamic configuration file, and let the grid management software do its load balancing thing. Send an email to Bob Johnson at IBM - he's implemented a couple of them.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
bmadhav
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by bmadhav »

Ray
Do u have an email address/phone contact for Bob Johnson?
We are working in the same direction. We are outgrowing our AIX servers very quickly and we are always pleading for more servers more CPUs all the time.

Thanks
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

I don't, but everyone in IBM can find everyone else. Get your local rep to find Bob for you. (I am not an IBM employee, so don't have access to their internal systems. And Bob had run out of business cards at IOD.)
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
bmadhav
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by bmadhav »

Thanks Ray.
We have notified the local IBM rep on our GRID interests.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

A search on IBM Developer Works would be no bad thing.