Teradata Multi Load Stage..How to Parameterise?

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

pavankvk
Participant

Teradata Multi Load Stage..How to Parameterise?

Post by pavankvk »

Hi

when using the Teradata Multi Load stage how to parameterise the Table Name, User id and password instead of hardcoding those values?

i dont see any option as in DB2 enterprise stage to insert job parameters in teradata mload stage.

is there a way to do it?
meena
Participant

Re: Teradata Multi Load Stage..How to Parameterise?

Post by meena »

Hi,
You do not have a option of browsing to enter the job parameter.You need to so something like this :
Declare the table name, userid,pass word,server etc in job parameter, and need to call them in the stage in between slashes :#tablename#and#userid#,so on. Check it
when using the Teradata Multi Load stage how to parameterise the Table Name, User id and password instead of hardcoding those values?

i dont see any option as in DB2 enterprise stage to insert job parameters in teradata mload stage.

is there a way to do it?
gsherry1
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by gsherry1 »

All the plugins that I've encountered behave in this way. They seem to have the old-school server style method of entering parameters. It is particularily annoying on the MultiLoad plugin because there are so many settings, and Teradata installations usually have strict requirements on how these should be set.

I recommend setting up one Multiload Job with Parameters and cut and paste it where necessary onto other jobs.

Good luck,

Greg