Decimal Format of " 000011." when viewing data

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

kenstorm
Premium Member
Premium Member

Decimal Format of " 000011." when viewing data

Post by kenstorm »

Hello people!

I am going crazy here. I can't figure out why I am seeing decimal data in the format of " 000011." when viewing from a data set or a OCI.

The Oracle 10 database has this column as a decimal(11) with no scale. So I should see a clean looking number, yes?

Any ideas will be so gratefully appreciated.

Thanks so much,
Ken

Your contributing to my sanity :wink:
thumsup9
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by thumsup9 »

Ken,

I think its displaying correctly. The View Data shows both the precision and scale of the decimal data.
kenstorm
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by kenstorm »

Thanks for the reassurance. I know I can perform mathimatical calculations on the column so it must be numeric. I just needed some light shed on the weirdness of the format of ' 0001.' with the preceding space. As long as it gets to and from the database as numeric, I should be fine.

Thanks again.

Kind Regards,
Ken
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

It is a clean number. View Data always adds sufficient leading and trailing zeroes so that you can verify that precision and scale are being handled correctly. And View Data always displays a decimal placeholder when the data type is non-integer numeric.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
kenstorm
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by kenstorm »

Great! This is good stuff. I appreciate the feedback.

I am not used to working in Px so pls bear with. I have to work thru a host of warning as well so you may see some more posts. I will try to find answers thru searches before posting.

Kind Regards,
Ken
ray.wurlod
Participant

Re: Decimal Format of " 000011." when viewing data

Post by ray.wurlod »

kenstorm wrote:I am going crazy here.
You're earning your qualification (you have to be crazy to work here).
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.