Column Generator Default Value

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

vijayrc
Participant

Column Generator Default Value

Post by vijayrc »

Hi,
I'm using Column Generator to generate few columns, but I want to Initialize those fields [SPACES]. Is there a simple way to have all the generated columns initialized [rather than going column by column and initializing it] ??
Thanks in advance
Vijay
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

What algorithm are you using in the Generator property? All you have to do is use a Cycle and specify it as the correct number of spaces. But you do have to configure each generated column separately.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
vijayrc
Participant

Post by vijayrc »

ray.wurlod wrote:What algorithm are you using in the Generator property? All you have to do is use a Cycle and specify it as the correct number of spaces. But you do have to configure each generated column separatel ...
Thanks Ray...That's how I did atleast to some of the columns generated [Type=Cycle and Value=" "]. But I have tons of fields and was wondering if there's any default that can be assigned to each of the generated columns globally for any particular Col Gen Stage...!!!
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Not legally.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.