Problem to Write into ODBC Enterprise Stage

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

pradkumar
Charter Member
Charter Member

Problem to Write into ODBC Enterprise Stage

Post by pradkumar »

Hi

I am new to this group.
I am using Datastage EE (7.5)
I am trying to read the data from an ODBC Enterprise stage and pass it to a transformer and then write it into a ODBC Enterprise stage

ODBC Enterprise-->Transformer-->ODBC Enterprise

I am giving the write mode as "CREATE table". I am giving a new table name. Compilation was ok. But while runing,It was giving an error like
"main_program: Internal Error: (0): odbcUtils.C: 798 "

Does it automatically creates a new table? Can we pass Table name as a Parameter?

Please let me know how to overcome this error

Thanks
Pradeep
Pradeep Kumar
splayer
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by splayer »

The id you are using may not have table creation rights on the database. Developer ids rarely do. This is the first thing to check.
pradkumar
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by pradkumar »

Thanks for the reply

I do have the permission to create.
I do not know where it is going wrong.

Regards
Pradeep Kumar
kris007
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by kris007 »

I am aware of an issue where using an ODBC stage and a DB2 stage within a same job resulted in a similar error which was then resolved by applying some patches. I have a feeling that this error is similar to that. I am not aware of what patches were applied nor the ecase number. So can't help you in that. I vaguely remember it had something to do with ODBC libraries but I am not sure.

HTH
Kris

Where's the "Any" key?-Homer Simpson
DSguru2B
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by DSguru2B »

If thats the case then i think the OP needs to contact support.
If i were you, i would have the table already in place. I dont like the idea of creating things on the fly, thats too "at the last moment" for me.
Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes. Art is knowing which ones to keep.