DB2/EE Stage load failure

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

Chuah
Participant

DB2/EE Stage load failure

Post by Chuah »

Hi,

I have a simple job that loads to a DB2 database using the DB2/EE stage. When the job runs it aborts and the following error is shown:

main_program: Fatal Error: There are irreconcilable constraints on the number of
partitions of an operator: parallel DB_STG_CustCupe_ins_EE.
The number of partitions is already constrained to 1,
but an eSame partitioned input virtual dataset produced by
parallel APT_TransformOperatorImplV0S58_STG_xxxx_Load_ins_ee_TR_AppendStats in TR_AppendStats has 4.

Is this a DB2 issue meaning the DBAs have not partitioned the tables or is this a DS config issue ? Being a developer I am not sure where the problem lies so any advice is much appreciated.

Thx,
Chin
Kirtikumar
Participant

Post by Kirtikumar »

Whats the partitioning type set on the input of the DB2 EE stage?
Regards,
S. Kirtikumar.
Nageshsunkoji
Participant

Post by Nageshsunkoji »

Hi Chuah,

Presently, in your job config file is set for 4 nodes. But, your output database is set for single partition. Problem is your Dataset is created for 4 nodes and it is trying to load the data in a single node constraint partition database. To get out of this problem we can do one thing, just select the option of Clear in the Advanced tab of Dataset. Then Try to load, it will work and it will load the data. But, sure to know the reason from DBA, Y ? your database is constrained to single partition and ask for new settings.
NageshSunkoji

If you know anything SHARE it.............
If you Don't know anything LEARN it...............
Chuah
Participant

Post by Chuah »

Nageshsunkoji wrote:Hi Chuah,

Presently, in your job config file is set for 4 nodes. But, your output database is set for single partition. Problem is your Dataset is created for 4 nodes and it is trying to load the data in a single node constraint partition database. To get out of this problem we can do one thing, just select the option of Clear in the Advanced tab of Dataset. Then Try to load, it will work and it will load the data. But, sure to know the reason from DBA, Y ? your database is constrained to single partition and ask for new settings.
Hi Nagesh,
Thanks for the tip. The Clear bit made it work but I think you're right in that the DB needs to be changed.Does that mean changing the APT_CONFIG for DB2 too to include more nodes ?

Rgds,
Chin
Nageshsunkoji
Participant

Post by Nageshsunkoji »

Hi Chin,

I am not sure about DB2 level changes. As per my knowledge, DBA have to remove the constraint on Database level.

Regards
Nagesh.
NageshSunkoji

If you know anything SHARE it.............
If you Don't know anything LEARN it...............