I'm being forced to install Microsoft Visio

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

ivannavi
Premium Member
Premium Member

I'm being forced to install Microsoft Visio

Post by ivannavi »

After the fresh installation of DataStage client, when I start any of the programs from the package (Designer, Director etc.) I'm being prompted with Microsoft Office installer telling me to insert CD with Visio 2003. Is this normal? How do I get rid of this annoyance? Why does DataStage need Visio?
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

I've never seen that one before; DataStage doesn't require Visio and it certainly hasn't been installed on any machines I've worked on. But I vaguely recall having had a similar problem in the past where I was prompted to install some unrelated application when I started one of the client programs. I think it is time to uninstall, then make absolutely sure that you've removed everything related to DataStage/Ascential from your registry and then re-install the clients.
Daddy Doma
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by Daddy Doma »

That is freaky weird.

Interestingly, over the past few weeks I have moved machine's three times and had to install/reinstall DataStage and Visio many times. I've done it in a different order each time (e.g. DataStage first then Visio, and vice versa) and never had a problem.

I agree with ArndW - uninstall both programs and start again. Begin with DataStage and make sure it is running before reinstalling Visio.

(FYI, I am using DataStage Client 7.5.1.A with Server version 7.5.2 and Visio 2000.)
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

I wonder if Visio installs some DLL to which the DataStage clients object? If the problem doesn't happen until you install Visio then you will probably have to call up somebody's support lines.
ivannavi
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by ivannavi »

I just installed Visio, and it doesn't pop-up any more.
girish_119
Participant

Post by girish_119 »

I had similar problem. My data stage was working fin until I install the Visio
The next day I was not able to open data stage director or manager after trying so many times I find out that I need to install some .NET framework peach for windows. it was some DDL call MSVBVM60.DLL suppose to execute and for my problem i had two registry entry
Good DDL -MSVBVM60.DLL
Bad DDL - MSVBVM60.1

When ever I open manager or director it will execute the bad DDL.
I rename the Bad DDL to good DDL and after that it worked fine.
Also I check of update on Microsoft website and I install them on my pc.
girish_119
Participant

Post by girish_119 »

I had similar problem. My data stage was working fin until I install the Visio
The next day I was not able to open data stage director or manager after trying so many times I find out that I need to install some .NET framework peach for windows. it was some DDL call MSVBVM60.DLL suppose to execute and for my problem i had two registry entry
Good DDL -MSVBVM60.DLL
Bad DDL - MSVBVM60.1

When ever I open manager or director it will execute the bad DDL.
I rename the Bad DDL to good DDL and after that it worked fine.
Also I check of update on Microsoft website and I install them on my pc.