Required Proj Name to a AutoSys job

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

durgaps
Participant

Required Proj Name to a AutoSys job

Post by durgaps »

Hi,

I have a sequence job being triggered by a AutoSys job. There is a requirement that the AutoSys job requires the DataStage Project name.

There is only one project setup on the DS Server.

Is there any Environment variable that will pass the project name to the AutoSys job. I searched through the archives but could not find any.

Thanks,
Durga Prasad
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

I assume you are using 'dsjob' from AutoSys. You need to pass the Project name on the command line to dsjob. Sure, you could setup an environment variable and use that or - since there's only one - just (gasp) hard-code the Project name in the AutoSys job. :wink:
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
manojkumarnayak
Participant

Post by manojkumarnayak »

after all Autosys passes the project name to (dsjob). U can provide project name in various ways. you can find all the listed projects by

dsjob -lprojects
kduke
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by kduke »

Do not have autosys run dsjob directly. Put it in a shell script or a batch file if on Windows.
Mamu Kim
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

The reason, if you think about it, is obvious. Unlike DataStage clients, dsjob is not connected to any particular project; it's just out there in the operating system. So you have to inform it in which project the job in question resides. The same job name might exist in more than one project (for example dev, test and prod).
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.