transformer error

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

samsuf2002
Premium Member
Premium Member

transformer error

Post by samsuf2002 »

Hi All , i am running a parallel job where 2 seq file passsing through CDC and then transformer then to the rest ,i have 41 rows coming from CDC into transformer but the out put of transformer is only 28 rows and i am getting this error in director

error :Transformer_414,1: Caught unknown exception from runLocally().

warning : Transformer_414,1: runLocally() did not reach EOF on its input dataset 0.

what cud be the prob can any one plz help me out
thanks
hi sam here
ambasta
Participant

Post by ambasta »

Are you performing any calculation at transforming level???
ambasta
samsuf2002
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by samsuf2002 »

no i am just adding a new column in the transformer which is used in the next stage that is look up as a look up key.
hi sam here
ambasta
Participant

Post by ambasta »

If you are not having too much data can you please check if there is any duplicate record coming after joining two files???if yes! and you are not handing that using remove duplicate stage then the problem can be this one.
ambasta
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Does the Transformer stage have a constraint on the output link that might explain fewer rows being emitted than consumed?

The second error message suggests that the stage did not read its input right through to the end. Are there any other warnings/errors in the job log?

Break the job up to identify where the problem really is. Lose everything downstream of the Change Capture stage, and direct its output to a Peek or Sequential File stage. What happens then? If that's OK, add one more stage type into the processing, and try again. And so on.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.