sprecial character in the input column

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

boppanakrishna
Participant

sprecial character in the input column

Post by boppanakrishna »

hi all,
I want to find out the special characters in my Column in Datastage.i have written query in DB2 it's working fine but i want to know how it is going to be done in the Datastage

Scenario: suppose my input "dfg;uiko=ikey" i want to trim all the special characters and i want to have out put as "dfguikoikey" at one step, i have done the same with multiple steps by using "Ereplace" and "Filed" Functions
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Are you sure this is a parallel job? There is no Ereplace() function available in parallel Transformer stage.

If it's a server job or a BASIC Transformer stage you can use the LETTERS Transform (which is defined as Oconv(Arg1,"MCA")) - this preserves only alphabetic characters. However, if you have alphabetic and numeric characters as non-special, you need a slightly different approach. Search the forum for "alphanumeric" - this discussion has been had fairly recently.

If you know what the special characters are you can use the Convert() function to remove them. For example

Code: Select all

Convert(";=", "", InLink.TheString)
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
ambasta
Participant

Post by ambasta »

Are you able to find the solution.if yes! please let us know how we can do that???
ambasta