warning with join and SQL server

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

samsuf2002
Premium Member
Premium Member

warning with join and SQL server

Post by samsuf2002 »

Hi All i am running a parallel job which contain the stages like transformer ,CDC, join, lookup and sort .my source is seq file and target is SQL server .i am getting these 3 types of warning can any one plz help me how to get rid of these warnings

Join_479: When checking operator: User inserted sort "Sort_475" does not fulfill the sort requirements of the downstream operator "APT_JoinSubOperator in Join_479"

Join_479: When checking operator: On input data set 1: When binding input interface field "AREA_ID" to field "AREA_ID": Implicit conversion; from source type "string[max=50]" to result type "int32": Converting string to number

SQLServer_Enterprise_481: When checking operator: When binding output interface field "AREA_ID" to field "AREA_ID": Implicit conversion; from source type "string[max=50]" to result type "int32": Converting string to number

Thanks in Advance
hi sam here
kumar_s
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by kumar_s »

1. The key mentioned in the Sort stage Sort_475 does not match the keys mentioned in "Join_479" Join stage.
Note: It should exactly match in all the case.
2 and 3. Column "AREA_ID" is marked as Char or Varchar in Input tab of the Join stage and Integer as Output tab of the Join stage.
Impossible doesn't mean 'it is not possible' actually means... 'NOBODY HAS DONE IT SO FAR'
samsuf2002
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by samsuf2002 »

Thanks a lot kumar i am not getting those warnings now.
hi sam here