Fatal Error:--Scratch Space Full

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

ajmore
Participant

Fatal Error:--Scratch Space Full

Post by ajmore »

Hi all,

I am joining a database table(db2) with a pre-build dataset in the join stage. I am getting the following error :
Fatal error :- Tsort merger aborting .Scratch space full..

I also used modify stage before joining bcoz my dataset col. and table col. where different.Also while executing the job the data is only being Fetched from the Table(i.e it shows 4219818 row fetched and then modified in Modify stage) but shows 0 rows fetched from dataset
Please help me to resolve this issue.

Thanks
kumar_s
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by kumar_s »

If you search this forum, you can easily find that you may either need to increase the temp space or cleanup the temp space for this error.
You may also find that the link followed by Modify to Modify or to Peek statge doesn't show up the statistics.
And moreover, you will not get the exact number when the job is aborted.
Impossible doesn't mean 'it is not possible' actually means... 'NOBODY HAS DONE IT SO FAR'
samsuf2002
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by samsuf2002 »

u need to cleanup ur scratch space ,keep monitoring the scratch space whenever its getting over the limit of ur actual memory clean it up.
as kumar said u can find a bunch of post on this forum discussed on scratch space.
hi sam here
Nageshsunkoji
Participant

Post by Nageshsunkoji »

Hi Ajmore,

As Kumar and samsuf2002 suggested first check the scratch space.
One more thing I have identified is you are getting warning on Tsort operator. If your Database and Dataset are sorted before Join stage and If you are sure abot that, then use the environment variable APT_NO_SORT_INSERTION=True. It will remove the datastage default Tsorting.
May be it will helopful to you.

Regards
Nagesh
NageshSunkoji

If you know anything SHARE it.............
If you Don't know anything LEARN it...............