special character in Oracle schema owner name

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

bayne1j
Participant

special character in Oracle schema owner name

Post by bayne1j »

I have to load a table into an oracle database where the schema owner ID contains a $. As the Oracle userID that I am using does not own the table, I have to prefix the table name with the schema owner name in the Oracle Enterprise stage.

When I run the job it fails with the following error:

main_program: Fatal Error: Invalid character $ encountered in table OPS$OWNER.TABLENAME

I have tried adding the environment variable DS_ENABLE_RESERVED_CHAR_CONVERT and setting this to true but this does not seem to work for special characters in the table owner name.

Any ideas?

J
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Welcome aboard. :D

Try surrounding the owner name in double quotes. For example "OPS$OWNER".TABLENAME
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
bayne1j
Participant

Post by bayne1j »

Thanks for the reply.

I have tried surrounding in quotes but still get the same error
thumsup9
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by thumsup9 »

ray.wurlod wrote:Welcome aboard. :D

Try surrounding the owner name in double quotes. For example "OPS$OWNER".TABLENAME

what happens when you SET QUOTED_IDENTIFER ON and then use the above example suggested by Ray
thumsup9
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by thumsup9 »

ray.wurlod wrote:Welcome aboard. :D

what happens when you SET QUOTED_IDENTIFER ON and then use the above example suggested by Ray
bayne1j
Participant

Post by bayne1j »

Is QUOTED_IDENTIFIER an environment variable? I can't seem to find it....