Running more than 3 jobs in a sequence- giving a fatal error

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

dwblore
Charter Member
Charter Member

Running more than 3 jobs in a sequence- giving a fatal error

Post by dwblore »

Hi all,

We have a sequence where we used to run morethan 3 jobs in parallel stream. And it used to work as we want. It used to work across all our environments (like dev,test....). But now the same sequence is failing with some fatal error like below.

"SSeq..JobControl (fatal error from JobControl): Could not attach"

Did any one face this earlier. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks & Regards
Koti
thumsup9
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by thumsup9 »

Is anyone of the jobs renamed or missing, i think its not abel to attach the job. Can you please post the complete error message.
dwblore
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by dwblore »

thumsup9 wrote:Is anyone of the jobs renamed or missing, i think its not abel to attach the job. Can you please post the complete error message.
Hi
The jobs are not renamed neither they are missing.
And the error we got is what i already pasted. It is not giving any more information.

Thanks & Regards
Koti
jatayl
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by jatayl »

Rebuild your Job Sequence from scratch, and see if it give you the same error.
dwblore wrote:
thumsup9 wrote:Is anyone of the jobs renamed or missing, i think its not abel to attach the job. Can you please post the complete error message.
Hi
And the error we got is what i already pasted. It is not giving any more information.

Thanks & Regards
Koti
dwblore
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by dwblore »

Hi,
We redid it from scratch keeping 3 jobs in parallel and then only get to know that more than 3 jobs its failing otherwise not.

Thanks & Regards
Koti
jatayl wrote:Rebuild your Job Sequence from scratch, and see if it give you the same error.
dwblore wrote:
Hi

Thanks & Regards
Koti
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Are the jobs in a runnable state? Compiled?
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
dwblore
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by dwblore »

Yes ray,
all of them are in runnable state

Thanks and Regards
Koti
ray.wurlod wrote:Are the jobs in a runnable state? Compiled?
kumar_s
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by kumar_s »

Check to that, if it is pointin to only the 4th job that your are trying to attach. If not in parallel, trigger it in series. Check if any other job been executed in server at the same time.
Impossible doesn't mean 'it is not possible' actually means... 'NOBODY HAS DONE IT SO FAR'
keshav0307
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by keshav0307 »

re compile all the sequence and jobs, it will tell you if anything missing, also it will check the job is there or not
kcbland
Participant

Post by kcbland »

Monitor the server node that houses the DS Engine for cpu and disk bottlenecking. Also, check the T30FILES setting in the uvconfig. All jobs require resources for logging and status maintenance, and Sequences are simply Server jobs. If there are no resources for job control execution, or some tunables are set improperly, these types of issues occur.
Kenneth Bland

Belt: First degree black
Fight name: Captain Hook
Signature knockout: right upper cut followed by left hook
Signature submission: Crucifix combined with leg triangle