BULK loading DATE data type error

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

champsdb
Participant

BULK loading DATE data type error

Post by champsdb »

I am trying to load DATES using oracle enterprise using a PX job. I have dates comming in a 'yyyyddmm' format. I converted that to DATE in transformer using StringtoDate(inputlink, '%yyyy%mm%dd'). Its not able to but load the data using oracle enterprise stage.

Thnx,
cheers,
ratikmishra1
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by ratikmishra1 »

Can you check if it works if the target is a dataset or a file set instead.
If yes, the problem may be in the data and that needs to be taken care of in the transformer.
champsdb
Participant

Post by champsdb »

Is there a way to check that the problem is with Data? Right now i am storing it a char8 and it LOOKS ok to the eye...
cheers,
champsdb
Participant

Post by champsdb »

This is the error msg:

Record 1: Rejected - Error on table STG_PROVIDER_COST, column R263_FISCAL_DATA_E
ND.
ORA-01841: (full) year must be between -4713 and +9999, and not be 0
cheers,
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

This is an Oracle error. To find out more execute the following command on the DataStage server.

Code: Select all

oerr ORA 1841
Basically, however, your data (column R263_FISCAL_DATA_END) contains at least one date with the year less than -4713, zero, or larger than +9999. This is not acceptable to Oracle when storing as a DATE data type.

My guess is that you have a zero date as a default; you need to intercept this and provide an alternative default.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.