Warnings with ChangeCapture Stage

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

Camelia
Participant

Warnings with ChangeCapture Stage

Post by Camelia »

Hi everybody!

Can some one help me to know what is these two warnings about?
I try to compare Data in two tables with the same structure and columns using a Change Capture to get the new, the deleted and the modified records in a sequentiel file.

First warning :
Change_Capture_2: When checking operator: Defaulting "COD_FIRM" in transfer from "beforeRec" to "outputRec".

COD_FIRM is one of the columns which are neither a key nor a value in the change capture properties and all this kind of columns appear in the director with this warning!

What can I do for that?

Second Warning :
Sequential_File_31: When checking operator: When validating export schema: At field "DAT_STATUS": "null_field" length (1) must match field's fixed width (19)

I defined Null field value = " in the format of my sequentiel file. so that it has a 1 length value and in my file date appears as a 19 length value such as : 2005-10-19 17:06:10.
and for all dates I have this warning.

What should I do to correct this warning?

Third Warning :
Sequential_File_31: When checking operator: A sequential operator cannot preserve the partitioning
of the parallel data set on input port 0.

What is this about?

Thanks so much for your help !!
Camelia
BI Consultant
samsuf2002
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by samsuf2002 »

check the data types in the input files ,for date keep the lenght 23 and try
hi sam here
Camelia
Participant

Second warning ok

Post by Camelia »

I get my output files with date in format varchar so I have no more the warnings concerning the date?

I still have a problem with the first and the third warning if some one have a solution thank you!
Camelia
BI Consultant
kris007
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by kris007 »

First warning:

Click here

Third Warning:

What is the stage you have before your Sequential_31 file stage and what are you doing in there?
Kris

Where's the "Any" key?-Homer Simpson
thumsup9
Charter Member
Charter Member

Re: Warnings with ChangeCapture Stage

Post by thumsup9 »

Third Warning :
Sequential_File_31: When checking operator: A sequential operator cannot preserve the partitioning
of the parallel data set on input port 0.
[quote]

I think you are trying to Preserve partition while writing to a Seq File and hence this error. Try Clear instead of Preserve before writing it to SEQ file.
kumar_s
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by kumar_s »

If you have RPC enabled, disable it. This might help for the first warning to disappear.
Impossible doesn't mean 'it is not possible' actually means... 'NOBODY HAS DONE IT SO FAR'
Camelia
Participant

Re: Warnings with ChangeCapture Stage

Post by Camelia »

Thanks for your different suggestions! It really help me a lot!
Camelia
BI Consultant