Correct Library path to reference

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

thebird
Participant

Correct Library path to reference

Post by thebird »

I need to connect Datastage with DB2 UDB 8.2 through DB2 wire protocol 5.0. I set the dsn in odbc.ini and I added the entry in the uvodbc.config file in the Project directory and tested connection through Datastage manager, I am able to connect and select the tables view data everything possible.

But when I create a server job and try to view data from a tableunfortunatly I am getting some errors like the following

"ds_loadlibrary: error in dlopen of dsdb2.so - ld.so.1: dsapi_slave: fatal: libdb2.so.1: open failed: No such file or directory" I understood the pathis not set properly thats why dsengine is not able to find out libdb2.so.1 library. But when I searched for this library Ican find the library in may paths like I given below. Can anybody tell me ehich is the right path? I selected the third path so the error went off and I am getting "SQL handle not able to allocate error", so my gut feeling is some problem with the library I use. I also have DB2 connect installed in my machine. Any help would be greatly appriciate

./usr/lib/krb5/libdb2.so.1

./opt/IBM/db2/V8.1/lib/libdb2.so.1

./opt/IBM/db2/V8.1/lib64/libdb2.so.1

./patches/9_Recommended/112922-02/SUNWkdcu/reloc/usr/lib/krb5/libdb2.so.1

./db2/037_CONEE_SUN_3264_NLV/conee/db2/solaris/db2cliv81/reloc/IBM/db2/$PRODVERS/lib/libdb2.so.1

./db2/037_CONEE_SUN_3264_NLV/conee/db2/solaris/db2cliv81/reloc/IBM/db2/$PRODVERS/lib64/libdb2.so.1
meena
Participant

Post by meena »

Hi,
Check with environment variable settings to the dsenv script in the DataStage Engine directory. This is from pervious post:

Code: Select all

DB2DIR=/usr/opt/db2_08_01; export DB2DIR 
DB2INSTANCE=db2epm1; export DB2INSTANCE 
INSTHOME=/db2/home/db2epm1; export INSTHOME 
#export DB2PATH=/usr/opt/db2_08_01 

LIBPATH=$DB2DIR/lib:$INSTHOME/sqllib/lib:$LIBPATH 

Do a search in the forum"ds_loadlibrary: error in dlopen of dsdb2.so - ld.so.1: dsapi_slave: fatal: libdb2.so.1: open failed: No such file or directory"", we have posts disccussed.
And move the post to server if it is a server job.
thebird
Participant

Which library I need to reference

Post by thebird »

meena wrote:Hi,
Check with environment variable settings to the dsenv script in the DataStage Engine directory. This is from pervious post:

Code: Select all

DB2DIR=/usr/opt/db2_08_01; export DB2DIR 
DB2INSTANCE=db2epm1; export DB2INSTANCE 
INSTHOME=/db2/home/db2epm1; export INSTHOME 
#export DB2PATH=/usr/opt/db2_08_01 

LIBPATH=$DB2DIR/lib:$INSTHOME/sqllib/lib:$LIBPATH 

Do a search in the forum"ds_loadlibrary: error in dlopen of dsdb2.so - ld.so.1: dsapi_slave: fatal: libdb2.so.1: open failed: No such file or directory"", we have posts disccussed.
And move the post to server if it is a server job.

Actully Datastage server and DB2 server are separate boxes. In my datastage server I have db2 connect installed. I can see the libraries in both the servers

Do you mean to say I should specify the library paths of the DB2 database server or I should specify the Library paths of the DB2 connect installed in my machine? Or is there any path datastage itself will add some libraries. Would appriciate any help?
thebird
Participant

Post by thebird »

Actully Datastage server and DB2 server are separate boxes. In my datastage server I have db2 connect installed. I can see the libraries in both the servers

Do you mean to say I should specify the library paths of the DB2 database server or I should specify the Library paths of the DB2 connect installed in my machine? Or is there any path datastage itself will add some libraries. Would appriciate any help?
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

DataStage server needs to be able to "see" the DB2 client libraries (including DB2 Connect where used). It does not need to "see" the DB2 server libraries.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
thebird
Participant

Unknown error

Post by thebird »

I have set all the library paths but now I am trying to view the data from a server job, I am getting the following error. Any guess how can I resolve this issue?

TestDB2Connectivity..DB2_UDB_API_0: SQLAllocHandle: Failed to allocate environment handle 'ENV'.
TestDB2Connectivity..DB2_UDB_API_0.DSLink1: DSP.Open GCI $DSP.Open error -100.