How to invoke Orchadmin?

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

venkat_kp
Charter Member
Charter Member

How to invoke Orchadmin?

Post by venkat_kp »

While trying to do orchadmin -help it says command not found. I ran this while in the bin dir where this orchadmin is located.

What all other things I should check wrt the configuration? Parallel jobs run fine.

Thanks.
manojkumarnayak
Participant

Post by manojkumarnayak »

If the file exists there then run with ./orchadmin or set the path for it and then run from any where
lstsaur
Participant

Post by lstsaur »

Hi,
Please read the Orchestrate 7.5 administration guide. The syntax for checking the configuration file's correctness is:
orchadmin -check
venkat_kp
Charter Member
Charter Member

liborchgenerali686.so: cannot open shared object file:

Post by venkat_kp »

manojkumarnayak wrote:If the file exists there then run with ./orchadmin or set the path for it and then run from any where

Now getting $ ./orchadmin
./orchadmin: error while loading shared libraries: liborchgenerali686.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory. But it's there in lib dir.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Command not found means that PATH is not correct.
Library not found means that LD_LIBRARY_PATH (or SHLIB_PATH or LIBPATH) is not correct.
In either case you might also have a permissions issue, but this is less likely.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
Kirtikumar
Participant

Post by Kirtikumar »

Due to library not found message, when I run the command, normally I set the LIBPATH and config file path.

So the steps I follow:

Code: Select all

#. `cat /.dshome`/.dsenv
#export APT_CONFIG_FILE=/DataStageApp/Ascential/DataStage/Configurations/default.apt 
#export LIBPATH=/DataStageApp751_adc/Ascential/DataStage/PXEngine/lib:$LIBPATH
Once this is done change you $PATH variable to have directory where orchadmin is located.
Regards,
S. Kirtikumar.
manojkumarnayak
Participant

Post by manojkumarnayak »

Check for LD_LIBRARY_PATH.Here you can give the library path and export it.
venkat_kp
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by venkat_kp »

Added the paths to the LD_LIBRARY_PATH in the dsenv file. Sourced it. But still is says command not found. It's on linux.

$ echo $LD_LIBRARY_PATH
/usr/lib:/lib:/home/dsadm/Ascential/DataStage/PXEngine/lib:/home/dsadm/Ascential/DataStage/PXEngine/bin:/home/dsadm/Ascential/DataStage/PXEngine/osh_wrappers:/usr/odbc/lib:/usr/odbc/drivers:/home/dsadm/Ascential/DataStage/branded_odbc/lib:/home/dsadm/Ascential/DataStage/DSEngine/lib:/home/dsadm/Ascential/DataStage/DSEngine/uvdlls:/home/dsadm/Ascential/DataStage/DSEngine/java/jre/lib/i386/client:/home/dsadm/Ascential/DataStage/DSEngine/java/jre/lib/i386:/usr/lib:/lib:/opt/oracle/product/10.2.0/lib:/opt/oracle/product/10.2.0/rdbms/lib:/usr/lib:/lib:/opt/oracle/product/10.2.0/lib:/opt/oracle/product/10.2.0/rdbms/lib:/home/db2inst1/sqllib/lib:db2inst1/lib:/home/dsadm/Ascential/DataStage/PXEngine/lib:/home/dsadm/Ascential/DataStage/PXEngine/bin:/home/dsadm/Ascential/DataStage/PXEngine/osh_wrappers:/usr/odbc/lib:/usr/odbc/drivers:/home/dsadm/Ascential/DataStage/branded_odbc/lib:/home/dsadm/Ascential/DataStage/DSEngine/lib:/home/dsadm/Ascential/DataStage/DSEngine/uvdlls:/home/dsadm/Ascential/DataStage/DSEngine/java/jre/lib/i386/client:/home/dsadm/Ascential/DataStage/DSEngine/java/jre/lib/i386:/usr/lib:/lib:/opt/oracle/product/10.2.0/lib:/opt/oracle/product/10.2.0/rdbms/lib:/usr/lib:/lib:/opt/oracle/product/10.2.0/lib:/opt/oracle/product/10.2.0/rdbms/lib:/home/db2inst1/sqllib/lib:/opt/oracle/product/10.2.0/lib:/opt/oracle/product/10.2.0/rdbms/lib
venkat_kp
Charter Member
Charter Member

Now got it working

Post by venkat_kp »

After I made LD_LIBRARY_PATH entry in the bash profile of the user and copied the default.apt as config.apt into PXEngine/etc then it worked.

Thank you all.