Equivalent stage/Universe database

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

hhh
Participant

Equivalent stage/Universe database

Post by hhh »

We have universe database stage in server job so what is corresponding stage or any utility in PX ?
As i want to find out all job name in current project.
Please suggest me on this topic.

Regards,
Hiten
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Why not use a server job?
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
hhh
Participant

Post by hhh »

Hi Ray,
In one of our project , we dont use server job.
[quote="ray.wurlod"]Why not use a server job? ...[/quote]
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

The DataStage PX product does not have the capability out of the box of directly reading UniVerse or DataStage Hashed Files. This is why Ray politely suggested using Server.
If you need to process Hashed files you will need to use ODBC in PX jobs or write your own stage. I suggest you see if you can make an exception in this project and use a server job, if only to read the file into a dataset. This will save many hours of work.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

hhh wrote:In one of our project , we dont use server job.
Why not? You have it. If you own a set of screwdrivers, do you elect not to use some of them on some ideological basis?

If you really must use a parallel job - and I again state that there is no good reason to here - then you can construct an appropriate query to be executed in an External Source stage.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.