Warning message during installation

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

psv
Participant

Warning message during installation

Post by psv »

I am installing Datastage 7.5.1A on solaris 2.9.We have license for 8 CPU for Datastage Enterprise Edition and server. The solaris machine has 24 CPU.
Duing installation it is giving below warning.
Warning:(24) CPU's exist on your system,your current license allows(8).

Will that have any impact on performance of Datastage server.I had installed Datastage and it is working fine.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

None at all, it's just letting you know what it found (in case you want to buy another 16 CPUs licensing from IBM!)
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

No problem other than the fact that it will add that warning to every job, every run that is.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
psv
Participant

Post by psv »

[quote="chulett"]No problem other than the fact that it will add that warning to [i]every[/i] job, [i]every[/i] run that is. ...[/quote]

Sorry for repying after so long time.Can anyone help , how to remove this warning message from all job logs as it is giving this warning in every logs.
Thanks.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Yes, that's what it does.

Remove some CPUs, buy more licences, or set up a message handler to demote this particular message from warning to informational.
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
psv
Participant

Post by psv »

[quote="ray.wurlod"]Yes, that's what it does.

Remove some CPUs, buy more licences, or set up a message handler to demote this particular message from warning to informational. ...[/quote]

We tried demoting the warning message.When we tried to add new handler it displays following message:
"Cannot read message handler" DSR_FILEACCESS Error writing to file (Code 0)"
THe handler window pops up however it does not dispalys the message id for the CPU warning.So demoting does not work as message id is not displayed.
Can you please help us with the message id for the CPU warning message.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Your message handler problems are almost certainly permissions related.