how to install SAP PACKS

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

vardhan354
Participant

how to install SAP PACKS

Post by vardhan354 »

I am trying to install sap packs to the datastage parallel edition,

do i need add any .dll files to this,

Can any one giv me an idea and procedure need to be followed.

thanks in advance.
ETL
mabramson
Charter Member
Charter Member

Re: how to install SAP PACKS

Post by mabramson »

vardhan354 wrote:I am trying to install sap packs to the datastage parallel edition,

thanks in advance.
:roll:

Yes, there are dll's for the Parallel version of the SAP Pack. There is version 5.1 and 5.2.1 depending on which version of SAP you have. You need to go through and install the pack on the Datastage physical server and then on the Client machine. When installing the Sever component, there is a checkbox option that needs to be checked for the Parallel ABAP stages. If you don't check this checkbox, it will not install properly. If you already have the Datastage Server version of the SAP Pack then you should have an SAP Pack adminstrator icon on your client desktop. You will use this to administer your SAP environments. (Note, we had a couple of problems with the various version of the SAP Pack and we finally fixed the problem by upgrading to the lastest version).
vardhan354
Participant

Post by vardhan354 »

Thanks for your response,

Can you just explain more briefly about this (or) is there any documentation for this, because i am facing a lot of problems in installing sap packs. now we are moved to 5.2.1

it is giving an error message:- Installation failed.

Thanks in advance
ETL
mabramson
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by mabramson »

vardhan354 wrote:I am trying to install sap packs to the datastage parallel edition,

thanks in advance.
Which part of the installation failed. If you are installing on the client machine, you need Admin permissions. There is a PDF file that comes with the SAP PACK. This PDF has information on installation and it specifically talks about selecting the Parallel option for installation. If the installation is failing you need to make sure you have the SAP GUI dll otherwise it won't install. The dll is called (librfc32.dll). You need to put this in your windows\system32 directory. Then you will need to register it. However, if you already have the SAP Pack for Datstage SERVER, this should be installed if not, do as described above. Then the install of the SAP Pack should happen pretty fast.

Regards.