Loop using Job Control

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

williamswe
Participant

Loop using Job Control

Post by williamswe »

Hello,

I have a Parallel job which Loops through 2 other jobs.

The following is the exit condition of the loop.

LinkRow = DSGetLinkInfo (hJob1, "Transformer_86", "DSLink87", DSJ.LINKROWCOUNT)

If (LinkRow > 0) then Goto THE_BEGINNING

I have found that the loop is working fine in our development env. But, using the same input data set, it does not iterate in our production. Only run through once.

Thx a lot in advance,
william
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

What is different between the two environments? Is the link row count actually zero on the second iteration in production? That is, is the loop exited validly?
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
williamswe
Participant

Post by williamswe »

Hi Ray,

I've tried to log the Link row count and it is zero after the first pass. So the loop got a normal exit.

I think the two environments are almost the same except that I can see "Generated OSH" tab in Development Machine but not in Production.

It seems like the
DSGetLinkInfo
is not behaving the same way as in Dev.

Thanks,
william
kumar_s
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by kumar_s »

It should behave the same unless you the required variables are set to diffrent values.
Try to print the value of the variable and also check the actual row count for that run.
Impossible doesn't mean 'it is not possible' actually means... 'NOBODY HAS DONE IT SO FAR'
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Visibility of generated OSH is configured in the Administrator client.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.