Parallel lookup stage in V 7.5.1

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

Nageshsunkoji
Participant

Parallel lookup stage in V 7.5.1

Post by Nageshsunkoji »

Hi Folks,

I have this question from a long time. Now, I am able to ask about lookup stage in v 7.5.1. One thing I am observed is the Key Expression editor of lookup. When I tried to put some expression their in the key expression editor, It's simply aborting the job. I have tried by giving the parameters and hardcoded values to compare, but my job was aborted. Please let me know, if anybody tried out that expression editor. Is it problem with lookup stage or with me ?

I am usually trying this way, first I clear the key expression, then I am validating the key expression and then I will reedit the expression to enter my derivations. My questions if it allows some functions like Trimming of spaces in fields, comparing the hardcoded values. that will be greatful to us. I have found it's giving all the options like transformer, but it's not working.

Please send u r inputs on this.

Thanks and Regards
Nagesh
NageshSunkoji

If you know anything SHARE it.............
If you Don't know anything LEARN it...............
Klaus Schaefer
Participant

Re: Parallel lookup stage in V 7.5.1

Post by Klaus Schaefer »

Hello Nagesh,

nice way you found out ;-)

I'm pretty sure no transformations are allowed in Lookup. Must be a bug of the gui that allows you this handling! To have this functions working they must be generated to and compiled with c++, which only happens to the transformer...

You should report this to IBM support, it should not allow you to enter functions.

Best regards
Klaus
Nageshsunkoji
Participant

Post by Nageshsunkoji »

Hi Folks,

If it is a problem with lookup stage GUI then we have to intimate to IBM support. I don't know, what exact way we can intimate this to IBM. Can anybody help out me to do this.

Regards
nagesh.
NageshSunkoji

lstsaur
Participant

Post by lstsaur »

Hi Nagesh,
I just did a simple transformation on the Key Expression, changing field to upper case. It's working just fine. Can you provide more detail what's not working for you.
Nageshsunkoji
Participant

Post by Nageshsunkoji »

Hi lstsaur,

I have tried to perform TrimLeadingTrailing to my inputcolumn in the key expression and I have tried to put hard code value in the key expression to perform lookup and I have tried to use substring function to my inputcolumn in key expression.

In all above cases my job was aborted.

More inputs will be greatful to me, the way u have tried.

Thanks & Regards,
Nagesh.
NageshSunkoji