DB2 Connection Issue

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

iamnagus
Participant

DB2 Connection Issue

Post by iamnagus »

Hello,

I need help on DB2 client connectivity from Datastage.

I am using DB2_UDB_API_0 stage to pull the data from a DB2 table. I have DB2 client on my local system. I am able to access DB2 through Command Window. But from my local machine i could not. Even some jobs(with the same stage designed at onsite) are able to run the jobs as well. Do i need to configure any thing at my local machinee?

Here is the issue.

Cust_Test..DB2_UDB_API_0: [IBM][CLI Driver] CLI0124E Invalid argument value. SQLSTATE=HY009
Unable to connect to DB2 server '204.153.86.92'

Please guide me how resolve this issue.

Thanks & Regards,
iamnagus
iamnagus
Participant

Post by iamnagus »

I am using DB2 database and DB2 stage very first time in this project. I am trying in all the possible ways. Even issue also not so self explanatory.

shoud i need to specify any thing in the following files?
if so, what & how?

.odbc.ini file under <Datastage Home Dir>/dsengine
- ucodbc.config file under <Datastage Home Dir>/dsengine

If any one help me on this issue then that is great help to me.

Regards,
iamnagus
iamnagus
Participant

Post by iamnagus »

Here is one more line to my issue.

"My Underlying database is DB2 in AS/400 environment."

Regards,
iamnagus
thumsup9
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by thumsup9 »

Whats happens when you are connecting to DB2. Can you post the error message you are getting. You should have your DSN specified in
.odbc.ini file & ucodbc.config file.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

There is a separate document on configuring connectivity to DB2, particularly when the DB2 instance is not on the same machine as DataStage server. In your case, DB2 Connect will need to be installed on the DataStage server machine so that you can access data in the AS/400 environment, and you must use the DB2/UDB API stage (not the DB2 Enterprise stage) to access it. If you do not have the document, request it through your support provider.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.