7.5 problem

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

dstage2006
Premium Member
Premium Member

7.5 problem

Post by dstage2006 »

Hi all,

I got a problem with 7.5 version. the parallel job is simple like

db2-api---------> file or dataset

and the query is like this (select col1,col2,col3 from table1). if the table1 has 10 rows i am getting only 1 row in out put file. but in table1 view data tab is showing 10 rows. I have tried all partitions. please help me out..

Thanks in advance.
Dstage2006
thumsup9
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by thumsup9 »

Is the metadata same on both source and target and what properties did you set in the flat file.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

From the log, how many rows were sent to the target? Insert a Peek stage between them to determine whether the 10 rows made it into the job.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
Xpert
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by Xpert »

Hi,

First of all, which version u r using and in which platform, because i was confused on seeing ur version and platform. Because here people told that 7.5.2 only runs on windows platform.... pls clarify this.....
With regards,
Xpert
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Xpert, you really are confused. The original poster did specify Windows, but it's 7.5x2 (not 7.5.2) that supports parallel job compilation and execution on Windows. And please don't use SMS-style abbreviations here; English is not everyone's first language, so good English is difficult enough.

dstage2006, we await your response to the requests for diagnostic information.
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
dstage2006
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by dstage2006 »

Is the metadata same on both source and target and what properties did you set in the flat file.?

Hey Thumsup9 The metadata both source and target are same and the properties are set according to the variable declaration.

From the log, how many rows were sent to the target? Insert a Peek stage between them to determine whether the 10 rows made it into the job.

Hi Ray.

Even i tried with Peek stage alos.... the 10 rows are going through db2 to peek but not from peek to file.the log is showing that peek is passing the 10 rows from it.

DB2---> peek----> file

Even i tried all the partitions we have in DATASTAGE parallel jobs. alternatively i tried with different table also (select col1,col2 from table2) like that.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Does the one row in the output file contain all the data from the ten source rows? That is, have you misconfigured the record terminator character?
dstage2006
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by dstage2006 »

Hi Ray,

Thanks for your Quick Response.

Does the one row in the output file contain all the data from the ten source rows? That is, have you misconfigured the record terminator character?

Nope, I am getting only one rows with exact information and other 9 rows are missing. and i cheked my record termination characted it is also Correct.

Still its a mistery for me..........

Thanks
Dstage2006.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Can't reproduce it. Can you generate a job report (click the "Internet Explorer" icon second from the right in the Designer toolbar) and publish this on a web site somewhere so we can look at it? At worst, publish all but the bitmap here.
If you could also provide the 10 rows of data that would also be useful. Obfuscate any sensitive information.
Xpert
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by Xpert »

ray.wurlod wrote:Xpert, you really are confused. The original poster did specify Windows, but it's 7.5x2 (not 7.5.2) that supports parallel job compilation and execution on Windows. And please don't use SMS- ...
Hi ray,

Please see the original poster's version he mentioned and in which OS, he is using. Thats why I asked him to clarify. Its not a wrong thing to clarify doubts, because this area where we can clarify all our doubts. I thought 7.5.2 and 7.5x2 are same. But I refered only 7.5x2.
With regards,
Xpert
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Re-read your post! I will concede, however, that the OP did not mention 7.5x2.