why to import table definitions by Orchestrate Schema def.

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

ajmore
Participant

why to import table definitions by Orchestrate Schema def.

Post by ajmore »

Can anyOne Explain ..why it is so that you should import table definitions by Orchestrate Schema Definition in Parallel Framework and
not using definitions imported via ODBC :roll:
Luciana
Participant

Post by Luciana »

Importing Table Definitions:
Can import using ODBC or using Orchestrate schema definitions
- Orchestrate schema imports are better because the data types are more accurate
kumar_s
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by kumar_s »

You can use plug in metadata as well.
Impossible doesn't mean 'it is not possible' actually means... 'NOBODY HAS DONE IT SO FAR'
vmcburney
Participant

Post by vmcburney »

When they added Orchestrate to DataStage to give us parallel jobs they added the Orchestrate import. Most of the other imports are were originally designed for server jobs, not parallel jobs, so sometimes there is a minor metadata mismatch. This can result in some of the warnings you see when you run parallel jobs. I'm sure in future releases we will see more seamless importing, they are due to deliver what they call frictionless connectivity to simplify that side of things.
ajmore
Participant

Post by ajmore »

Thanks all of u for the Information....
Can u also specify where can i get additional information about these minute details :)
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

I don't know if "u" can (whoever "u" is), but I can. This information is in the manuals, which a thorough reading will reveal, and/or in the readme notes that ship with the product. The knowledge is also conveyed in the vendor's training classes; in this particular case DX434 (DataStage Essentials, Enterprise Edition).
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.