Report on sizes of RT_LOG files/tables

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

gsherry1
Charter Member
Charter Member

Report on sizes of RT_LOG files/tables

Post by gsherry1 »

Hello Forum,

Is there a way a quick query to produce a report containing the size of all the RT_CONFIG tables/files?

I understand that auto purge options only take affect during import, unless manually set on job or with script.

Thanks in advance.

- Greg
kcbland
Participant

Post by kcbland »

Not really. There's row counts and then there's file sizes. I think you're probably more interested in filesize. The easiest way is to peep the project folder and use a shell script to get the file size listings. The issue is the correlation to the job name via the job number. There's no supported method for doing this, so probably a listing of DS_JOBS will help. Maybe a Batch job to do a TCL SELECT of the DS_JOBS file, then a looping call to DSExecute with a ls -l on each RT_LOGnnn file? If you're adventurous, you can just get all the sizes with one command and then correlate in reverse from the RT_LOGnnn number to the jobname in an array built from looking at DS_JOBS.
Kenneth Bland

Belt: First degree black
Fight name: Captain Hook
Signature knockout: right upper cut followed by left hook
Signature submission: Crucifix combined with leg triangle
ray.wurlod
Participant

Warning: Obscure and Arcane Knowledge!

Post by ray.wurlod »

Two steps.

Code: Select all

ACCOUNT.FILE.STATS ALL LOCAL

SELECT FILENAME.LONG, FILESIZE FROM STAT.FILE WHERE FILENAME.LONG LIKE 'RT_CONFIG%';
Substitute RT_LOG for RT_CONFIG depending on which answer you want.

Code: Select all

LIST.DICT STAT.FILE
to get a listing of other information (column names from the STAT.FILE table) that is available.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.