Regarding Datastage PX

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

boppanakrishna
Participant

Regarding Datastage PX

Post by boppanakrishna »

hi all,
I want to run Parallel jobs in my laptop, what are the prerquisites needed to run parallel jobs in my machine ,server jobs are working fine in my machine

O.S: Windows XP.,,Linux

Thanks in Advance
Boppana Ramakrishna
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

The only version of DataStage you can use for this is 7.5x2. Do you have this and the Microsoft Visual Studio.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

As the principal requirement you have to give IBM crores of rupees to obtain a legal Enterprise Edition licence.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
boppanakrishna
Participant

Post by boppanakrishna »

hi thaks for ur response, i want to clarify whether 7.5x is different from 7.5x2 and if so could you please tell me where can i get that installables and i have Microsoft Visual Studio

Thanks in Advance,
Boppana Ramakrishna
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

You give IBM crores of rupees and they will, at your choice, ship you a CD or provide you with a link to a download site. They will also ship you a licence code, without which you will not be able to get it to work at all.

There is no such thing as version 7.5x.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
Xpert
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by Xpert »

ray.wurlod wrote:You give IBM crores of rupees and they will, at your choice, ship you a CD or provide you with a link to a download site. They will also ship you a licence code, without which you will not be able to ...
Hi boppanakrishna,

Install ur DS in Unix platform and Microsoft Visual Studio, bcoz PJ needs C++ Compiler. then u can work. Only DS 7.5x2 version works on Windows server 2003.
With regards,
Xpert
kumar_s
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by kumar_s »

Unix is also not a cheap product. Unless you go for Linux.
Impossible doesn't mean 'it is not possible' actually means... 'NOBODY HAS DONE IT SO FAR'