OSH.EXE Application Error

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

Inquisitive
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by Inquisitive »

Hi,

I have installed Datastage 7.5x2 and Oracle 10i on windows XP (Server and ).
I am able to run and compile datastage jobs.
I am facing some problem setting up Oracle connection from Datastage.

Following are the issues that I am facing.

1. I set up an ODBC connection throuh Control Panel -> Admistrative Tools ->ODBC connection.
I am trying to access this ODBC service through ODBC stage in Datastage. When I click on "View Data" I get a windows applica error with following message and then when I click "OK" after that it displays the correct result of the query.

Error message: (It is typical windows application error)

Instruction at "0x7c911e58 referenced memory at "0xfffffff". Memory could not be read. Click OK to terminate the program

As I mentioned above once I click on OK and terminate that window I am able to see proper result extracted from DB.

But this error is causing job to abort. Any pointer on solving this problem would be of great help.

2. when I try to use Oracle Enterprise stage to read from Oracle database, I am getting below error message.

##E TOSH 000205 16:54:43(004) <main_program> PATH search failure:
##E TOSH 000000 16:54:43(005) <main_program> Error loading "orchoracle": Could not load "orchoracle": The specified module could not be found.
##E TOSH 000000 16:54:43(006) <main_program> Could not locate operator definition, wrapper, or Unix command for "oraread"; please check that all needed libraries are preloaded, and check the PATH for the wrappers
##E TCOS 000029 16:54:43(007) <main_program> Creation of step finished with status = FAILED

It looks like it is something to do with set up. Please let me know how this could be tackled.

Note: I have searched the forum for point 2 above and when I tried that resolution I was not able to get it corrected. So I am reporting it.

Please let me know your thoughts on solving above 2 problems.

Thanks
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Thank you for the testimonial.

All you need to do now is to post your question on the forum for questions on parallel jobs and you will be one step closer to getting an answer.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.