Error: Failed to keylookup for record

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

stiwari
Participant

Error: Failed to keylookup for record

Post by stiwari »

Hi All,

I am trying to load 120 million record to my fact table....instead of using join i am using lookup to join all the dimention tables....but after loading 40 million record its getting aborted.

Error message is :- Failed to keylookup for record

I am not able to understand what error it is....can any one plz suggest me what could be the reason?

Thanks in advance
stiwari
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

You are using a key for your lookup and the error states that it didn't find a lookup record for that key and you have set the job to abort when this happens.
kumar_s
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by kumar_s »

You can avoid aborting the job with this message by removing the option of abort if no match. But ultimately you need to find the reason why you didnt have the match for fact over the dimension table.
Hope the replies for all of your 4 post might have given you an idea that by doing a search on this forum, you can find the solution for your issue.
Impossible doesn't mean 'it is not possible' actually means... 'NOBODY HAS DONE IT SO FAR'
stiwari
Participant

Post by stiwari »

Thanks guys....ya, I got solution of all the issues. I got very quick replies with the valuable solution.....i mean the people on this forum helped me a lot.
thanks once again to all the Datastage guru's :D

stiwari
stiwari
Participant

Post by stiwari »

Hey Guru's

I just wanted to know the functionality of the constraints of the lookup failure......for the DROP......is it drops those records, those doesn't match with the joining condition or somthing else......?

stiwari
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Is your F1 key broken?
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
stiwari
Participant

Post by stiwari »

That's what I pressed to get help from Datastage Guru's.... :), Actually I searched it but didn't get the proper answer....can you plz explain me...about this property?

stiwari
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

"Drop" causes any input row for which the lookup fails not to appear on the output of the Lookup stage.

By discarding records in this fashion you are eliminating any chance of performing row count reconciliation. Prefer a rejects link from the Lookup stage, even if it appends to /dev/null. At least this way all input rows can be accounted for.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.