"Configuring Template" hung

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

htang619
Participant

"Configuring Template" hung

Post by htang619 »

When I install DS 7.5.x on my laptop, the installation hung at about 68% of progress, and it was doing "Configuring Template". I cancelled the installation and tried a few more times, everytime I got this problem. I found that the DS project was not created and installation was not complete. Has anyone seen this problem? Why is it doing this?
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

You will need to uninstall and clean up the directories and your registry before re-trying. Sometimes I've had to wait quite a while during installs on slow machines and slow networks - how long did you wait?
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

:?:
Sometimes - no promises - clicking Cancel then saying "No" to "OK to exit install?" issues a "wake up call" to the installation process and allows it to keep going.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
htang619
Participant

Post by htang619 »

I waited very long, one time it was over night. I have tried both "Cancel" then "yes" and "Cancel" then "No", nothing helped. Am very frustrated.
manuel.gomez
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by manuel.gomez »

this happens to me as well, when installing with SQL Server repository....(version 8)

the only way I found to go on was installing in console mode.....