Reading Date form Excel File

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

DS_MJ
Participant

Reading Date form Excel File

Post by DS_MJ »

Hello:

Following is my environment

Source File: Excel
Target File : Sequential File

I save the excel file as a text file as well as a CSV file. This file has the first line as column name.

When I import the sequential file definition I set the first line as column name. If I am importing a text file then save the delimiter as a TAB. Am able to correctly view the data under define tab. But when I import the table into my sequential file and try to view the data I get the following error:

Code: Select all

<Sequential_File_32,0> Field "DATE_COL" delimiter not seen, at offset: 15
 ##W TOIX 000154 12:41:00(001) <Sequential_File_32,0> Import warning at record 0.
 ##W TOIX 000018 12:41:00(002) <Sequential_File_32,0> Import unsuccessful at record 0.
In excel this column is set to Date US date. In my column Type changed the SQL_Type from DATE to VARCHAR.

Still I get the above error.

Would appreciate if someone could explain why I am getting this error.
Thanks in advance,
DS_MJ
Participant

Post by DS_MJ »

Hello:

I was able to take care of it. The Second date column in the file I had not changed the SQL Type to VARCHAR. Once I change the DATE field to VARCHAR I am able to view the data without that error.

Thanks once again.
Thanks in advance,
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Import warning at record 0 can also mean you forgot to set the "first line is column names" property to True.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.