Releasing Job Locks

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

patonp
Premium Member
Premium Member

Releasing Job Locks

Post by patonp »

I realize that when a job is incorrectly locked, I can use the Cleanup Resources utility to release the locks. However...

A developer is on vacation and has left a job open in Designer. We need to make changes to this job today. Can I safely use Cleanup Resources to release the locks he's got on this job? If so, what will happen on his PC (i.e. when he logs in on Monday, what message will appear on his screen to let him know what happened?)

Thanks,

Peter
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

dpending upon which session type he has open and how the locks are released the developer might just see a timout message or get no message at all, at least until they try some screen action when a whole cascade of spurious messages will show up.
patonp
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by patonp »

Thanks for the response!

Will releasing the locks on a job that he has open cause any problems other than losing his code changes?
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Why not use Windows remote console to take over his machine (as Administrator of course) and close the Designer?
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.