Datastage Enterprise Edition Certification [ Test 415 ]

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

castor.troy81
Participant

Datastage Enterprise Edition Certification [ Test 415 ]

Post by castor.troy81 »

Hello Everybody,

I am planning to write the certification test 415. If anyone of you has already apeared for the test kindly provide me a set of sampel question set for the exam.
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

If you plan on taking this test, why don't you also plan on trying the search functionality and "PX certification" to get a number of threads and a very useful set of links to Vincent McBurney's information on this certification examination.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Have you visited IBM's web site to try the practice questions?
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
castor.troy81
Participant

Post by castor.troy81 »

ray.wurlod wrote:Have you visited IBM's web site to try the practice questions?
Yes I have visted IBMs website but I could find only 10 odd questions. One complete set of 80 questions would be more helpful.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

The only way you can get that is by attempting the exam itself.

You can attempt the exam not more than twice in a month and not more than three times in 90 days.

You are not permitted to take notes (other than mental notes) during the exam.

There is no guarantee that you will get the same questions in subsequent exams - the questions are taken from a larger pool than the number of questions in any one exam.
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

castor.troy81 wrote:One complete set of 80 questions would be more helpful.
I think technically that would be more like... cheating. :lol:
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
vmcburney
Participant

Post by vmcburney »

I remember back when I was taking Visual Basic certification there were all types of preparation exams and books. You could train a parrot to pass the exam. People would sit the exam several times over to build up a good long list of actual or similar certification questions and then use them to sell training services or practice exams. In school we used to call this cheating but in IT it's collaboration.

Since DataStage has a much smaller pool of users and an even smaller number of certified developers no one has gone to all the effort of memorising and publishing exam questions. You only have the 10 on the IBM website.

My squidoo page at http://www.squidoo.com/datastage has links to IBM certification pages and my own blog entries with tips on preparing for and passing the exam. My philosophy is to use certification as a training exercise, so I encourage readers to learn the material rather than memorise or practice questions and answers.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

IBM is offering a one day certification preparation class (US$300) on the registration day at Information on Demand. If you're going this might prove fruitful.
vmcburney
Participant

Post by vmcburney »

I think you can sit the exams for free at the conference! Anyone had this confirmed to them?
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Not that I'm aware of. Pretty any other product, but no mention of DS.