Trapping Oracle error message

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

sanjay
Premium Member
Premium Member

Trapping Oracle error message

Post by sanjay »

Hi

I want Trap oracle error message in file . I am using oracle enterprise Stage . I am getting sqlcode in reject link but i also want actual oracle error message

Thanks
Sanjay
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Create an External Filter stage that runs oerr with the error code passed in.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
sri1dhar
Charter Member
Charter Member

Re: Trapping Oracle error message

Post by sri1dhar »

sanjay wrote:
I want Trap oracle error message in file . I am using oracle enterprise Stage . I am getting sqlcode in reject link but i also want actual oracle error message
Did you use generated SQL or user-defined SQL.
sanjay
Premium Member
Premium Member

Re: Trapping Oracle error message

Post by sanjay »

Hi ray

when i use external filter stage . it giving error External_Filter_113,0: processing failed for input connection 0: exit status = 255.External_Filter_113

Thanks
Dinesh
sri1dhar wrote:
sanjay wrote:
Did you use generated SQL or user-defined SQL.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Dinesh? Sanjay?

How did you specify the input to and output from your External Filter stage?
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
sanjay
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by sanjay »

Hi Ray

input has reject link of oracle stage with sqlcode

properties of External Filter stage

command = oerr

argument = ora sqlcode

output : contains sequential file with rejected records

Thanks
Sanjay
ray.wurlod wrote:Dinesh? Sanjay?

How did you specify the input to and output from your External Filter stage? ...
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

You really need to find out what code 113 means. For example, can the oerr executable be found in the PATH for the executing user?
sanjay
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by sanjay »

Hi Ray

Thanks . from where i can get meaning of code 113.

Thanks
Sanjay
ray.wurlod wrote:You really need to find out what code 113 means. For example, can the oerr executable be found in the PATH for the executing user? ...
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

My bad. External_Filter_113 was the name of your External Filter stage. (Do you really have than many stages in a job?!!) Exit status 255 is fairly meaningless.

Please describe precisely how you set up the External Filter stage - what you mean by "a sequential file" doesn't make much sense. The output link from this stage receives stdout from the command/script specified. You may therefore need to pipe it through tr to strip unwanted '\n' characters.